👨🏻🎓 I'm a Biomedical Engineering PhD candidate at the University of Illinois Chicago (UIChicago).
💌 I genuinely love people and you will always find me pursuing things that will outlive me.
💌 I also love to explore the seemingly random connections between different fields.
Join my exclusive community and be the first to read my thoughts on the books I've read, personal stories and more, by subscribing to my newsletter.
➡️ find me: now | linkedin | github | medium | twitter
■ 👨🎓 Learn more about me
■ 🌱 What does success mean to you? Here's what it means to me
■ ⏳ Read relatable stories about my life and life lessons I have learnt from them
■ 💻 Software engineering – Read the articles I published before my sabbatical
■ 🧬 Feynman series: short scientific knowledge
■ 📕 Scientific journal reviews
■ 📚 Book notes and recommendations
■ 📙 Study guide for UIC's biomedical engineering
■ 📰 Subscribe to my newsletter
Current Read 📚
Latest News 📰
- [Professional] (2022/10/28) Yay! I passed my preliminary examination. I am now a PhD candidate.
- [Blog] (2022/10/1) My Toastmaster speech transcript titled: Kindness never expires is out.
- [Blog] (2022/09/13) My interview with Taehoon and Trinh titled: On Finding Fulfillment in My PhD Journey, Regrets and Lessons Learnt is out!
- [Award] (2022/04/15) I won the 2nd place in oral presentation at UIC Biomedical Engineering 4th Annual Research Symposium for our work on artery-vein classification using OCT axial features.
- [Paper] (2022/04/08) Our work on ADC-Net: An Open-Source Deep Learning Network for Automated Dispersion Compensation in Optical Coherence Tomography is now published in Frontiers in Medicine!
- [Professional] (2022/03/11) I officially joined UIC-COE Toastmasters club!
- [Blog] (2022/02/15) My Toastmaster speech transcript titled: Who do you think you are is out.
- [Paper] (2022/02/01) Our work on artery-vein classification in OCT and OCTA using depth-resolved vascular profile is now published in Biomedical Optics Express!
- [Presentation] (2022/01/23) I presented our work on artery-vein classification using axial OCT features at Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE) conference in San Francisco!
- [Professional] (2022/01/10) Unfortunately, because of the demands of being in my second year as a PhD student, I cannot continue in the BSJ team.
- [Blog] (2021/12/28) My post summarizing my first year PhD experience is out!
- Terence Tao
- Paul Graham
- Derek Sivers
- Ali Abdaal
- Nandita Bhaskhar
- Elizabeth Filips
- Linus Lee
- Patrick J. Mineault
■ 🔬 Learn more about my research
■ 📷 Graduate school pictures. Shall we?
■ 🧑🤝🧑 Celebrating greatness series - Who are we celebrating today?
“When learning is purposeful, creativity blossoms. When creativity blossoms, thinking emanates. When thinking emanates, knowledge is fully lit.” – A.P.J. Abdul Kalam (1931-2015), Aerospace Scientist.