👨🏻🎓 I'm a Biomedical Engineering Ph.D student at the University of Illinois Chicago (UIChicago).
💌 I genuinely love people and you will always find me pursuing things that will outlive me.
💌 I also love to explore the seemingly random connections between different fields.
■ 👨🎓 Learn more about me
■ 🌱 What does success mean to you? Here's what it means to me
■ ⏳ Read relatable stories about my life and life lessons I have learnt from them
■ 💻 Software engineering – Read the articles I published before my sabbatical
■ 🧬 Feynman series: short scientific knowledge
■ 📕 Scientific journal reviews
■ 📚 Book notes and recommendations
■ 📙 Study guide for UIC's biomedical engineering
■ 📰 Subscribe to my newsletter
Current Read 📚
Latest News 📰
- [Award] (2022/04/15) I won the 2nd place in oral presentation at UIC Biomedical Engineering 4th Annual Research Symposium for our work on artery-vein classification using OCT axial features.
- [Paper] (2022/04/08) Our work on ADC-Net: An Open-Source Deep Learning Network for Automated Dispersion Compensation in Optical Coherence Tomography is now published in Frontiers in Medicine!
- [Professional] (2022/03/11) I officially joined UIC-COE Toastmasters club!
- [Blog] (2022/02/15) My Toastmaster speech transcript titled: Who do you think you are is out.
- [Paper] (2022/02/01) Our work on artery-vein classification in OCT and OCTA using depth-resolved vascular profile is now published in Biomedical Optics Express!
- [Presentation] (2022/01/23) I presented our work on artery-vein classification using axial OCT features at Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE) conference in San Francisco!
- [Professional] (2022/01/10) Unfortunately, because of the demands of being in my second year as a PhD student, I cannot continue in the BSJ team.
- [Blog] (2021/12/28) My post summarizing my first year PhD experience is out!
- Terence Tao
- Paul Graham
- Derek Sivers
- Ali Abdaal
- Nandita Bhaskhar
- Elizabeth Filips
- Linus Lee
- Patrick J. Mineault
■ 🔬 Learn more about my research
■ 📷 Graduate school pictures. Shall we?
■ 🧑🤝🧑 Celebrating greatness series - Who are we celebrating today?
“When learning is purposeful, creativity blossoms. When creativity blossoms, thinking emanates. When thinking emanates, knowledge is fully lit.” – A.P.J. Abdul Kalam (1931-2015), Aerospace Scientist.