🚀 The Book in 3 Sentences
- Live a life of service without really thinking about reward
- A go-giver equation becomes complete when you choose to receive
- You will have what you focus on
I started reading this book strangely with the intention of stopping halfway and maybe picking it up the next day but it wasn't possible. This book held me spell-bound. It has a mocktail of comedy and truth. I could actually relate to most of the things there because I have seen these laws work for people. The amazing thing this book did for me is that it gave names to the principles I knew but couldn't define.
Who Should Read It?
- I think everyone who is interested in getting more out of life should definitely read this book.
- Also if you are passionate about having more from life or you feel you've silently being chosen to change the world 😆, then this book is for you.
- If you are not a book person - maybe English is not also your best language - then this book is for you because the words here are not grandiose or grandiloquent. They are simple to understand and follow-through.
☘️ How the Book Changed Me
How my life / behaviour / thoughts / ideas have changed as a result of reading the book.
- It made me generally become more comfortable with focusing on the good in every situation
- It made me generally become more comfortable in opening myself to the power of giving and also completing the go-giver equation by receiving
- It made me re-examine my life if truly I have people that truly want me to succeed without the need of being rewarded.
- It made me realise that genuinely great people and successful people are always willing to tell you their 'trade secret' because what they always do is to serve.
✍️ My Top 3 Quotes
- Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
- Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interests first.
- Watch out for the other guy. Watch out for his interests. Watch his back. Forget about fifty-fifty, son. Fifty-fifty’s a losing proposition. The only winning proposition is one hundred percent. Make your win about the other person, go after what he wants. Forget win-win—focus on the other person’s win.
📒 Summary + Notes
Random annotations, contemplations and thoughts that tugged at my heartstrings while reading
- People do not believe in giving because they are not as successful as they want to be.
- How good people survive surprises everyone. Be good to people regardless of what they think about you.
- Learn how to tell beautiful stories. Hearing Pindar tell stories made me remember a tweet by James Clear about storytelling. Storytelling is an art. It is really important you have illustrations about everything - stories that you can tell in every situations and the only way you have become a wonderful storyteller is by reading a lot of historical contents and also writing a lot of stories. Telling stories makes it easier for people to understand you.
Tobiloba Adejumo Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.